11 Mar INOS Presented at Berlin’s Open Science Conference
The INOS Project is today being presented to delegates at the Open Science Conference in Berlin.
In the presentation (which can be downloaded here), we talk about how INOS is working to bring the curricula of HEIs together with Open and Citizen Science activities by:
- Generating an evidence-based overview of trends in OS and CS public activities;
- Strengthening OS and CS practice through solid pedagogical grounding from well-tested active learning pedagogies;
- Inviting citizens at partner HEIs to join CS projects in the form of Open Knowledge Activities (OKAs);
- Organizing Open Innovation Activities (OIAs) bringing together Higher Education (HE) staff and students in collaborative and interdisciplinary projects;
- Training HE staff (academic and library) and students through the exposure of contemporary trends in public engagement and modernizing HE curricula by integrating and mainstreaming OS and CS practices in HE teaching practice;
- Triggering policy change by raising awareness on the societal impact of OS and CS.